The left pedal is the brake, which will slow the car down, and the right pedal is the accelerator, which will move the car forward.
- Pressing both pedals will stop your vehicle so that it can't roll backwards or forwards.
These controls take on additional functionality when the car is airborne:
- Pressing the accelerator in the air will cause the nose of your car to lift and pivot on the central axis, potentially allowing you to do a backflip.
- Pressing the brake in the air will cause the rear of your car to lift and pivot on the central axis, potentially allowing you to do a front flip.
The Air controls must be mastered in order to land correctly after a jump and to correct vehicle orientation on bumps and slopes. Additionally, you can equip the Air Control tuning part to allow for better control in the air and do more flips.
Additionally some vehicles and tuning parts allow a third level of functionality to be activated. These are:
- Thrusters - Equipping this tuning part will allow you to fly on thrusters, at the cost of very high fuel consumption (the higher the level of Thrusters, the higher the fuel consumption).
- Moonlander - This vehicle comes equipped with thrusters as standard and no extra tuning part is required to use them. It differs in that if you have both the B.R.A.I.N. and the Thrusters features upgraded to the max level and press both pedals while the Moonlander is stationary before starting a race, the main "pod" of the Moonlander will detach from the wheels, leaving you with a flying vehicle. The disadvantage is that you instantly die if you touch anything, like the ground, obstacles, etc. Pressing and holding both pedals for 1 and a half seconds before starting time trials will also configure the Moonlander to run on speed form (Blue) which is only on four wheels instead of six, if the B.R.A.I.N. is upgraded enough.
- Snowmobile - With this vehicle, you can glide fast on the surface of water. (The Water Run Event is mainly based on this feature.)
- Jump Shocks - Equipping this tuning part will allow you to perform a jump at any time and can increase your speed by jumping. Jump Shocks can only activate no more than one time per second.
- Tractor - The Tractor's scoop position can be adjusted in three ways: Loose, Forward and Overhead.
- Sled, Doughnut and Snowboard - These vehicles (only available in the special yearly Downhill Event) can perform a small jump similar to the Jump Shocks part.
- Rotator - This vehicle can drive on the ceiling when it comes in contact. B.R.A.I.N. needs to be at least level 10 in order to successfully accomplish this.
- CC-EV - This vehicle has the ability to perform an electric boost. The higher the Engine and "Boost" are, the more powerful the boost is.
To activate these functionalities:
- Thrusters and Moonlander - Press and hold both pedals down to activate thrusters.
- Snowmobile - Feather both pedals to glide on the surface of the water.
- Jump Shocks, Sled, Doughnut, Snowboard, and Tractor (for adjusting the scoop position) - Tap the both pedals at the same time.
- Rotator (driving on the ceiling) - Press the Brake pedal and hold it while coming in contact with the ceiling to drive on it.
- CC-EV - Hold one pedal down and double-tap the other pedal to activate the electric boost.